Search

Bellow stuns Haye

Tony Bellew called a halt to his feud with David Haye after a sweet victory over his bitter rival at The O2.

The British duo had been embroiled in a bitter war of words in the build-up to their heavyweight fight, but there was mutual respect between both men after Bellew's 11th round stoppage of Haye, who was hampered by a leg injury.
Bellew did not rule out the possibility of a second fight, although he did stipulate that it would be on his terms, and Haye admitted to being "at his mercy" with no rematch clause inserted in the contract.
Bellew celebrates his shock victory over Haye at The O2
Bellew celebrates his shock victory over Haye at The O2
"I have so much respect for David as a fighter," Bellew told Sky Sports Box Office.
"It was genuine people, I really wanted to beat him and he really wanted to beat me. David, I thank you from the bottom of my heart, because really I'll be honest he could have picked an awful lot of different guys and he picked me. He can come again, and we can do it again. Who wants to see it again?

I am the man in demand. I am the most valuable heavyweight in the world outside of the champions.

Tony Bellew
"I said he was a diva, but I think I might turn into something like that now. The salt and pepper is on my side of the table now. We have got to come and play with me. I am the man in demand. I am the most valuable heavyweight in the world outside of the champions."
Haye refused to bring up his injury, which had hindered him since the sixth round, and instead gave credit to his conqueror.
Haye struggled with a leg injury from the six round onwards