Search

YAYA TOURE-MANCITY COULD BE BETTER THAN MANUTD

Yaya Toure is confident he can play a part in making Manchester City a bigger club than Manchester United
.
The midfielder, synonymous with City's recent successes, looked to be heading for the Etihad Stadium exit after being frozen out by manager Pep Guardiola.

Relations looked unlikely to thaw after the Spaniard said Toure would remain jettisoned until outspoken agent Dimitri Seluk apologised for controversial comments about him - a stand-off that lasted until November.
The 33-year-old Ivorian issued an apology that brought with it a surprising first-team return, and has now sets his sights on achieving "changes" at City.

Thierry Henry sat down with Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola to discuss his footballing philosophy
"Before when I talked, in New Jersey, when I signed for City, I came to this club to make history," Toure, who joined City in 2010, said.
"I want this club to change, I want this club to be bigger than United. I know it's going to be a lot of work, but that's my dream.

"I have been lucky to play at big clubs, Barcelona, Olympiakos, those teams were always used to being champions. But City, it was something different, something changing and I am happy now.

Carra: How Man City recover the ball
"Every single year we are always involved in the title race. Even though we lost, and something changed or something was bad, the following year the owner put more money into the club and got better players to make it better.
"That's what I like, the challenge, I love a challenge."

No comments: